Loading

Monday, January 23, 2006

Still Alive....

Hi,
I'm back again...
Its been really long. the reason was that I truly got bored writing about myself...seriously...off late I've been writing so many essays, God! I just wanted a break...
Well, the reason I came back today is to update you guys with the status quo of my life...
Apparently, it seems like Indian roads are not any safer for me :(
I have met with two consecutive accidents recently...
The first one happened yesterday (Saturday) in the morning when I was returning to my flat on my bike. This accident happened right in front of the St Anns school building, the exact place where a speeding bus ran over a school kid about a couple of months ago.
The irony is that this time, its a kid who is responsible for all the mess that happened.
In anxiety to cross it, he started running across the road. Seeing him, the car guy who was raging at about 60 kmph had to put a sudden break. Well, the guy behind him could not control his car and thud...he hit the first one. I was behind this second car. I didn't know what to do. All I knew was that I was wearing a helmet. So, I was not that bothered either. I knew I would not be hurt much because it was a head on collision and my 'head' was covered :)
Anyways, I ran in to his bumper and there was I, diving in the air, leaving my bike crash in to his car. For one second, I realized how tom cruise should have felt while doing all those somersaults with his bike in MI-II. I was literally catapulted from my bike and I hit the wind screen and fell on the right side. People flocked around me and wanted to see if I was still alive. God's grace, I came off with out the slightest wounds...
The funny part was that the car guy in front of me started cribbing about the entire incident even before I could reach him and give him a couple of blows for stopping the car mid-way. His problem was that he got it 'both sides' :)
Well, that was the first accident.
The second happened today and apparently, at the same location, but on the other side of the road. This time, I and dad were in my car and I was just trying to find the remote of the music player. As I was unsuccessfully searching for it, dad thought he would help me out and for a second, forgot that he was driving the vehicle and boom, he ran in to a water tanker. Once again, I jumped from my seat (that was one of the rear movements where I did not wear my seat belt) and hit my head to the windscreen ( and yeah, I almost broke it).
The bonnet got completely damaged and the left door also got jammed...hmm...need to find the insurance guy first...
Well, other than these two significant events, nothing much is happening in my life...
just taking some time out to relax..tat's it...
shall update you soon with more details..
Luv

2 comments:

crisna da turtle said...

:)

well, i guess, its not very much different from what you had a month ago... ;)

nyways, howz things? ok..let me call you now

crisna da turtle said...

Saurabh-
I thought the post needed to be edited a little....tat's why i removed it...shall put up the edited version soon..
tiger/aragorn-
thanx for the wishes and suggestions...you are rite...i seriously need a break... :)

Krishna