Loading

Monday, February 19, 2007

The Bathtub Philosophy!!!



Life this is, very different from what it appeared
Change is the only constant thing, a wise man said

I have these moments, these glimpses that arise
Tyring hard to convey something I would never realize

"Solace is what you want now", something said,
"Its your tub!! you know that, don't you, kid??"

I turned the taps and filled it to the brim,
Its more than just water, its mystic and bedim

As I sat, little bubbles started raising to the surface,
Probably trying to shake a hand with those sunrays

Only some make it to the top while the rest disappear during the course
Its probably more due to the belief in survival that any other force

A new lesson learnt, a new thought began
The tub never repeats anything during its span

Its water never remains the same
Just as the lives we lead always change

Now i'm out of the tub, looking very pale
The moisture on the face turned a little ale

I started coughing and gasping for breath
Seems like oxygen in this world is in dearth

"Finally you are out", greeted my people
Little did they know how i hate their babble

Life outside the water feels so bad
It took away all the intellections that i had

Its full of people with no thoughts and direction
Those who follow the chore, both in sense and in action

When solitude is all that my mind yearns,
There's nothing desirable than my little pond of observance !!!


PS : This is my first poem. So, please...please...be a little kind in your critisisms...TIA :)
Luv

PS(PS): I wish I waited a couple of more days before I wrote this.

2 comments:

Rama Chandrasekaron said...

Krishna,

This is really fantastic, being ur first attempt.....
Best wishes for more and more peoms...

Rama

Fady said...

hye there
well its a great effort on your end
don't worry abt wat ppl say
coz they r there just 2 make nasty comments

if this is what u think
than its really great i really luved it

if u have more you can share it

even i was on the same course n search of obvious
but as ppl arnd me think i went in sane so i kinda put a full stop to it

butnow after reading u post ......
it hink i shud carry on

nice work
keep it up

fahadhassan@hotmail.com
fady