Loading

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Fisher's Lovebird!!!



I walk the surface of this planet everyday
Hoping to find something valuable, pretty and gay

Something I can cherish for my entire life
Something that gives me pleasure and happiness in rife

Thinking about this, I was passing through the meadows one night
The moon was beaming with full radiance and bright

The cool breeze from the north, gently touching my skin
Disappeared in to the night taking away its invisible gleen

The tall cold mountain on the background played the detached witness
To many visitors like me who never bother to acknowledge it's aliveness

It seem to be busy gazing at the pole star,
Standing in the night sky, like a tall altar

The little stream of water, flowing through the rocks
Bouncing the moon light, it swept through the land blocks

Carefully I crossed it, trying not to disturb its course
Managing my movements around these rivulets, nice and terse

As I moved aimlessly in these plains, trying to figure out my course of action
Something from the far, racing anxiously towards me, caught my attention

She is a cute little fischer’s love bird, with orange cheeks, forehead and throat
She had grey feet and legs; Her green feathered wings flapped hard, just to stay afloat

She came near me and sat my on shoulder, pricking me with her little red beak
Probably seperated from some loved ones, alone she was, like me, sad and weak

I placed my finger near her face and she greeted me with gaiety
I played with her little shining forehead, admiring her beauty

I took her with me back to my place,
Gave her food, water and tied a beautiful satin lace

She was my darling; I loved her with my whole heart
Day and night, I took care of her right from the start

She would sing for me and dance as well a little
But I could see that the happiness in her heart was brittle

I never kept her restricted to any cage or cell
'Be as you wish, it’s your place', I would tell

One day, I went to the market, to get her some food
Leaving my window wide open, as I always would

As I came back home and started preparing her lunch
I heard another strange voice, in the hall from across the bench

I rushed out of the kitchen to make sure 'she' was fine
In there he was, another lovebird standing next to mine

I wanted to shoo this guy away, trying to protect her
Only to realize that amongst us three, it was I who was stranger

Probably an old lover of her, he whisked his beak through her furr
Making her realize all that she missed these days; how useless they were

He then swayed around swiftly and vanished out of the room
She turned to me, flew over my shoulder, and chirped in gloom

Now looking away from me, towards the window
She stared through it, watching her lover go

At once she bounced off my shoulder and up she rose
Meandered through the house a little and out she goes

Now I’m here, back to where I started, standing alone,
Thinking about her, looking the way she was gone

Cursing my self, I sat in the company of my shadow,
Brooding helplessly on why at all I entered that meadow

Life for some people is a string of choices
It’s a spread for them; a huge bed of beautiful roses

For others, it’s nothing more than a pain
Something that ties them down; a bloody chain

Little do these people have in their lives, to cherish
But for the memories and the sweet pains of anguish!!!


No: of times edited : 5 :)
Luv


No comments: